Open Meditation Hours
Meditation is one of the best things that you can do to reduce stress and help you manage your emotions. And just so you know, meditation is not exclusively sitting on a cushion wearing linens saying “Om” over and over again with the people around you. Meditation comes in so many forms!
Types of Meditation:
- Visualizations – Great for achieving goals, since you are seeing yourself in a new way.
- Walking / Movement – Teaches you to take that peace into your movements.
- Grounding / Centering – Helps you be clear and rooted in who you are.
- Body Scan – Checking in with each part of your body.
- Breath Work – Focusing on filling your body with life giving air.
- Chanting / Mantra – Creating sound therapy in your body.
- Chakra Balancing – Focusing on each chakra and how to heal them.
- Loving-kindness – Practicing patience and kindness to yourself and past events.
- Guided – Someone helps guide you to various outcomes.
- Many, many more….
Meditation has been practiced all over the world for generations across almost all religions. Megan Jett, LMT at Under Pressure Therapeutics, wrote a really great, in depth article called How Can Meditation Help You? and she goes into a great history of the practice of meditation.
Benefits of Meditation
The Art of Living has a very great article going over the benefits in more detail, but here’s an overview:
- Reduced stress
- Increases capacity for compassion and empathy for others
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Reduces anxiety attacks
- Decreases tension related illnesses
- Improves energy levels
- Improves emotional stability
- Develops intuition
- Increases happiness
- Increases creativity
These are just a few of the benefits, and of course, every person reaps different rewards from a regular meditative practice. But one thing that always happens: rewards are reaped from a regular meditation practice.
We want to help you create more of this quiet, contemplative space in your life.
We have a couple of rooms that are used for workshops and classes and a few other things. We want to invite you to come to our space to practice meditation. Sometimes, it’s difficult to find a quiet space in your home with your pets or kids or chores. Sometimes, you need a quiet place for your lunch break so you don’t do something rash. Please come to our space for our Open Meditation Hours.
We are working on having meditation classes and adding a section of guided meditations to our Podcast. Stay tuned for what we have in store for you. And if you have suggestions, please shoot us an email at [email protected]
We try to keep our Meetup updated with days and times for our Open Meditation Hours, but if you’re in doubt, please call or text us at (970) 205-9116 to check to make sure we have space available.